To protect the privacy of your agents and customers, you may wish to record only parts of a call or to control whether a call is recorded based on the keypress options the caller chooses in a menu. While call recording is typically either on or off for a tracking number, these options will allow you to control recordings during live calls.
For more information about recordings and account security, see the following articles:
The Teams feature allows you to display a red light icon to agents in their softphones when a call is being recorded. You can also choose to allow agents to click on the icon to toggle call recordings while the call is in progress.
To enable the indicator and allow toggling:
Navigate to Settings → Teams and click edit next to the team you wish to update.
If you do not already have a team created in your account, follow the instructions here to create one.
2. Click or scroll down to the Phone Buttons section.
3. Find the checkbox labeled “Show Recording Status” and click the box. This will enable the red light indicator in the softphone to show that a call is being recorded.
4. If you wish to allow the agents in this team to toggle recordings during calls, check the box labeled “Allow Agent to Toggle Recording Status.”
5. Click Save Changes.
Once the indicator has been enabled, all agents assigned to this team will see a red light in the toolbar of their softphone when a call is being recorded. If the call is not being recorded, the indicator will be grey.
Recording Based on Keypress
If you are using a voice menu to route calls to a receiving number or a queue, you can set the recording status of the call based on the keypress options the caller selects. When you configure the menu option, you can choose to turn recording on, turn recording off, or select “default” to use the recording settings on the number’s call settings configuration.
To toggle recording with a voice menu:
1. Navigate to Numbers → Voice Menus and click edit next to the menu you wish to update.
If you have not already created a voice menu in your account, follow the instructions here to create one.
2. The option to toggle recordings is only available for menu items with the Dial Number and Call Queue actions. Find the appropriate keypress option if you already have one, or click + Add Menu Item to add one of these options to your menu.
3. Review the settings for the option you selected. In the lower right corner of the settings for this keypress option, you will see a “Call Recording” drop-down menu. Use this drop-down to select the call recording options for this keypress.
Default uses the call recording settings in the call settings configuration the tracking number is assigned to.
On enables recording for this call, even if the call settings configuration has recordings turned off.
Off disables recording for this call, even if the call settings configuration has recordings turned on.
4. Click Save Changes.